Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First!

Our first tomato!

Our first pepper! (a Flame pepper - supposed to be very hot)


Our first blackberries!

Our first lemon! (okay, the whole tree is covered with these, but this one seemed the biggest).


And, this is not a first, but an update to the earlier swallowtail caterpillar chrysalis. We had been checking it every morning, waiting to see. The only day we did not check it was Easter Sunday, and wouldn't you know it, on Monday morning, all we found was the husk. It would have been awesome for my kids to see the new butterfly Easter morning. They were still pretty excited with the husk - that seemed to be evidence enough for them.



5 comments:

  1. Easter, huh? Cool.

    Great picks. How exciting to see real stuff grow from you own labors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - congrats! Hey does your lemon tree have thorns? I'm looking for a cariety that doesn't have them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't that have been something to see it Easter morning..?? I didn't even think to ask about it when we were there...too much Wii...hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how exciting. All those firsts. I often get the black swallowtail caterpillars in my garden (I plant things just for them), but I've yet to find a chrysalis. I keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dori - Our lemon tree does have thorns, unfortunately, but not real big ones.

    Daphne - our caterpillars usually leave their eating grounds when they are ready to form their chrysalis, but for some reason, this one decided to stay on the dill. That was a first for us.

    ReplyDelete