Monday, August 24, 2009

hmmmm....

I couldn't think of a title. I have ignored this blog for over a month! Lots of unpredictable events have unfolded these past weeks (the biggest one being a minor flood in our hallway and bathroom, resulting in carpet being pulled out and tile installed - all done by me and my DH).

I'm planning to bring this blog back to life. Well, as least wake it up from it's sleep, anyways. I have started seedlings (I don't care that it's too hot!), and have been taking cuttings and have started amending soil beds for the fall garden.

Seeds started:
Red Zebra toms
Illini star toms
Cayenne peppers
Unknown chili piquin peppers (super hot!)
Cotton (planted really late, I know, but the kids and I did a lesson on cotton, so it seemed appropriate that we plant cotton seeds).

I'll have pictures soon!

4 comments:

  1. oooh! talk to me tomorrow about fall gardening! Can I really grow tomatoes int he fall? This would make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floods in houses.... I don't envy that. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you use the cotton for anything or just grow it for fun? that sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete