Saturday, October 31, 2009

The gourd is trapped.


I'm not sure what to do about this gourd. Somehow it had a massive growth spurt in between the times we checked on it, and it is now lodged in the trellis. The boys would like to cut the trellis and save the gourd because ( and I quote) "It looks like a butt!!!!" And what is cooler to a 9 and 5 year old than a butt shaped gourd?

Butt I don't think I have anything that will cut through the trellis - it's pretty thick metal. Although the gourd seems stronger - it's already bowing out the metal on one side.

E doesn't seem to care - she's too busy deciding which piece of okra to eat first - tough decisions!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen a heart shaped potato, but never a butt shaped gourd. :) I'm jealous of all the stuff that is still growing in your garden! Here in VA the frost has killed off everything but the lettuce, kale and other cold weather crops. Enjoy those okra and tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah hah! That sounds like something my kids would say too. We had some butt tomatoes in the summer. :o)

    ReplyDelete