Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A's Gardening Show - Episode 1

My son A has big ideas. He has always had big ideas. They form in his head, and then he tells them to me. These are not just regular ideas (which he also has a lot of) like, let's build a plane out of these scraps of wood, or let's build a playhouse, but really big ideas. These ideas include everything from building a robot that will clean his room for him to inventing a machine that will provide food for everyone who is hungry to making laws that would make it impossible for people to litter. Some ideas are better than others. Most of them are just really good ideas (and not just from a kids point of view), and others are just out there. He is used to me listening to his ideas, and then saying "That's a good one! How could you make that happen?" Lately, when he comes up with an idea for a big project, I have him add it to his running list (I count that as handwriting for school!). I wish I had the time and energy and money to make all his ideas come true (I would LOVE a house cleaning robot!), but, as it is, some are forgotten.

So, when he pitched his newest idea to me, and I said, "Let's do it!" I could see the excitement running through his little mind. Big ideas.

His latest idea (pitched to me this last Sunday): He wants to film a gardening show similar to the one on the PBS Create channel. I can't remember the name, but the one where the guy picks a veggie, and then the whole show revolves around it - growing, cooking, cultivating, crafts, etc. He wants me to send it in to the create channel so that they will put it on TV. He wants to see himself on TV. He has been telling everyone since filming that he is going to be on TV. I have been fielding lots of questions from friends (and neighbors) asking what channel he is going to be on. He is super excited.

So, below is Episode One of A's Gardening Show. It is scripted by A. All I did was point the camera and then add some nice transitioning effects during editing. Did I say that he is really excited? I love his passion. I've watched the video so many times, I almost have his script memorized. I really love the boy he is growing into - it's amazing to watch.

So, enough of my ranting about how awesome my son is. Enjoy his first episode below.

Angel's Gardening Video Part 1 from Suzanne Mireles on Vimeo.


Oh, and I am going to send it to the PBS Create channel. What's the worst that could happen?

7 comments:

  1. Oh I hope my little guy is so creative. You rock for fostering his great ideas. This one in particular is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is so cute! I absolutely loved it! You should send it in to PBS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. Love his grin at the end. And the action in the background is awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! especially the grin at the end (and the "backwards! backwards!" in the background lol). You are all warm and fuzzy, you know that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the smile at the end! Who did such awesome transitioning effects?? ;) Good for him for having ideas and what a great mom for following through!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the transitioning with Windows Movie Maker - it was pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete