Saturday, March 21, 2009

Backdated post - Feb. 2009

I'm backtracking on pictures here - I've neglected this blog, but, thanks to friends, I'm going to be posting here regularly (cross my fingers!) on how my garden is growing. I've added their garden blogs as well, so stop by and check out their gardens!

From Gardening pics Feb. 2009

Here is what the garden looked like in February. My husband added 3 new garden beds for me and the kids to play with. Yea!


From Gardening pics Feb. 2009

Behind M (who always seems to attract mud while in my backyard - he needs a sandbox!) is the new, larger garden bed my husband put in. It's not a raised bed - sort of an experiment. I planted red clover as a cover crop last fall and my husband tilled it up in Feb. and outlined it. We have planted tomatoes and peppers in it (pictures to come this week!)


From Gardening pics Feb. 2009

And, unfortunately, you will probably see that this picture has not changed much since Feb. I am not very good and keeping supplies and misc. stuff organized in my garden. These leaves (which I collected from people's trash pickup - can you believe they were throwing away good mulch/organic matter!?!?!?!) are pretty much in the same spot. They've been split open more because the boys enjoy jumping on them. And I have at least 5 garden shovels, but can usually only find one. I'm hoping to work more on garden organization this season.

Look forward to updated gardens pics and info this week!

3 comments:

  1. We too collect other peoples leaves! hah looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I picked up the pavers from your place yesterday, I went around the corner and raided your neighbor's bulk trash pile for some scrap wood! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea - I had done the same! He's been renovating, so he's had some good stuff lately. He just put out 10 bags of leaves. We're getting them tomorrow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete